Thinks and thunks

 Ecclesiastes 5:2-3 Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth.  Therefore let your words be few.  For a dream comes with much business and a fool’s voice with many words.  -  how quick I am to talk and say things that I then wonder why I said.  Lord, help me in this area.  Guard my mouth.  The tongue is unruly and words can really hurt.  


I am really looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas with family.  This has been a hard year for our world.  The togetherness this holiday season will be cherished.  I am also encouraged by the hope I see in people.  People are expectantly waiting for a better 2021.  There is still hope.  There have been many twists and turns in 2020.  Some things have probably changed forever.  And of course people have lost people they love.  


Sin should hurt our hearts.  It should break them.  It is because of them that Jesus endured unfathomable pain and suffering, brutality, to save us and restore us.  His mercies are new every morning.  Great is thy faithfulness.  You can always run to Him and find forgiveness and grace. Humbly ask for this and then walk with Him.  Give Him your whole heart.  His love and grace towards you is infinite.  It will cause you to want to please Him and be obedient.  I see that in my children, as well.  They want to please Sean and I.  They want us to smile and love on them and be proud of them.   But hopefully they see when they mess up that we still love on them, show them grace, and forgive them.  


Thoughts I’ve been thinking this weekend.  some of it from my Mom Set Free Bible study, some from my notes in my Bible and some from my Bible app devotional. 


It’s a new week!  Live on purpose.  Be present.  Relax.  Breathe in.  Breathe out.  Hug more often.  Love deeper.  Pray.  

Comments

Frequently Read

LJB