My grandma

 My Grandma was such an important part of my life and I miss her so much.  She passed in June of 2014 and I still think about her almost everyday.  After her and my Grandfather both passed, our family was going through their things and preparing to sell their house.  One of the things I found and have kept and recently have been reading often was this:  


A Parent’s Prayer 

Author Unknown 

Heavenly Father, 

Make me a better parent.  Teach me to understand my children, to listen patiently to what they have to say, and to answer all their questions kindly.  Keep me from interrupting them or contradicting them.  Make me as courteous to them as I would have them be to me.  Forbid that I should laugh at their mistakes or resort to shame or ridicule when they displease me.  May I never punish them for my own selfish satisfaction or to show my power. 


Let me not tempt my child to lie or steal.  Guide me by how that I may demonstrate by all I say and do that honesty produces happiness.  


Reduce I pray the meanness in me and when I am out of sorts, help me O Lord to hold my tongue.  


May I ever be mindful that my children are children and I should not expect of them the judgment of adults. 


Let me not rob them of the opportunity to wait on themselves and to make decisions.  


Bless me with understanding to grant them all their unreasonable requests and the courage to deny them privilege I know will do them harm. 


Make me fair, just, and kind.  Let me O Lord be loved and respected and imitated by my children.  


Amen 


P.S. May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His face shine upon you and give you peace. 


This has been helping me as I journey through daily motherhood with all of its ups and downs, weepings and rejoicings, blessings and trials.  


My Grandma is still blessing me.  Blessing our family.  



Comments

Frequently Read

LJB