Fall time








 We continued with a fall- themed weekend.  Sunday after church we headed over to the Sand Dunes, a place we hadn’t been before.  It has a 2 mile loop that we did.  Children are funny.  During church they all want to run around, but on the trail they all want to sit down because they are so tired.  Go figure, right?!  I did feel a sense of accomplishment after completing the two miles.  


Yesterday afternoon we drove into Wisconsin and went to Brighton Woods Apple Orchard.  They have the best apples and apple cider.  We also walked on a trail there, very windy and a little chilly, but fun.  The leaves are so beautiful right now.  They were supposed to have apple cider donuts there, but didn’t, so we went to Mars Cheese Castle and got the best cheese curds I’ve ever tasted and the best apple cider donuts I’ve ever had.  Actually its the first time I’ve ever had apple cider donuts so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but these were delicious.  


It was a really nice long weekend (Sean had Columbus Day off) and I am thankful to the Lord for the good days He graced us with.  


October 15th marks one year since God brought me to my knees and completely broke me so I could see all the darkness in my life because He wanted to shine His glorious light there instead.  Because He did not want to leave me where I was.  Because He cares that much about every single one of us that He pursues, He persists,  He chases after us.  Our father loves us that much.  He wants what’s best for us and wants to bless us and give us life.  He wants to rescue us.  He wants to write a beautiful story in our lives.  I am honestly struggling a bit with this anniversary though because it was so incredibly hard and I am wrestling with all sorts of emotions about it all.  I am trying to maintain a focus of Lord please just let me know your heart and let me know your desires and let me know your gentle love.  Lord, I want to trust you and believe that you do love me and want what’s best for me.  And while we are being honest, Lord, can you just make everything easier, stop the storms, and let me ride in the wake of your blessings?  I don’t feel I have the strength for more trials.  I know this is unreasonable.  And not life.  Can I have the do with me as you will attitude? 

Psalm 16:11 Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Comments

Frequently Read

LJB