He loves

 You still love.  

You love even when I’m angry.  Angry with my husband or my children.  Angry with the way life is.  Angry with coronavirus.  Angry about missed plans.  


You still love even when I am impatient.  Impatient because the kids aren’t listening.  Impatient because things aren’t going the way I would like for them to go.  


You still love even when I am disappointed.  Disappointed with our world.  Disappointed with people.  Disappointed with things that didn’t come to pass with Lucas.  


You still love even when I am trying to control.  You don’t let me take it all on, even though I may think I am.  I’m not.  You are still in control even when I think I have it all under control.  


You love me even when I am not OK.  I am not happy.  I am angry.  I am impatient.  I am irritated and frustrated and losing control and imperfect.  


You love me most and chase after me and pursue me when I am in pursuit of something else, of running from you, of trying to fix it on my own.  When I’m trying to hide my failures and faults and fears from you.  You don’t leave.  You stay.  You still love.  You forgive.  


You see righteousness in me because I am covered by the precious blood of Jesus.  


It’s so hard to understand.  So hard to fathom.  This love story of yours.  And it’s for all of us.  Every single human being on this planet that ever was and ever will be.  


We can give up perfection.  We can run to the Father in our brokenness instead of from Him.  We can give Him our guilt and shame.  He died for us and sacrificed everything for us to do just that.  So instead he can love on us and be our good and perfect Father.  


And no matter what the hour brings, no matter what might tell us otherwise, God is still in control.  

Comments

Frequently Read

LJB