Confession

 God, 


I confess I am oftentimes selfish and I can get impatient easily.  My anger appears often, especially with my husband and kids.  I get annoyed, aggravated, and frustrated with these little blessings and I am usually failing at the kind of wife I should be to my husband.  Those closest to me, my greatest blessings, I tend to treat the worst. 


I love to have control and I am a perfectionist.  I like lists, schedules, and plans.  


Anxiety finds its way into my everyday.  Fear can overwhelm me.  Worry is close behind, as is depression and stress.  My past haunts me. 

I forget to praise you and be thankful for your goodness and kindness.  I have a hard time trusting you and I have little faith. I cease to be grateful for the life you have given me.  I can be unforgiving and I have a hard time accepting your forgiveness, mercy, and grace.  I can be bitter and carry around a hardened heart.  It’s hard to love sometimes. 


But you. You work in my messes.  I know this.  I have witnessed it time and time again.  You keep pursuing.  You keep working on me.  You keep forgiving.  You keep loving. You do all the things I am unable to do.  You keeps blessing. You keep on.  


You love your children.  You care about us.  You protect us and guide us.  You never leave us.  You are involved in every detail of our lives.  You forgive.  Thank you.  


https://youtu.be/8HznXBBCdBE



Comments

Frequently Read

LJB