History

 You know I wish I would have recorded my life as it passed.  Not for me, but for a testimony of what God has done.  As He does for all of His children.  I wish I had that written record to pass down to my children and grandchildren.  To show how much God loves and takes care of us and to see how much He wants to be a part of our lives.  Even when we deny Him and turn from Him.  Even though we are sinners saved by grace through Jesus Christ.  He still seeks. He still pursues.  


I am really wrestling with what to do on my two attempts at writing a book.  I have two unfinished books on my iPad and that just doesn’t sit well with me.  And I have no idea what God wants me to do with either of them.  I want to shout from a rooftop all the ways God has worked in my life.  I know when I hear other people’s testimonies it is an encouragement to me.  And so what a waste if I don’t share mine, which would hopefully help someone else.  Or even my children.  


I wished I had wrote journals during my childhood.  Frequent moves.  My parents divorcing when I was little.  Alcoholism in my family.  Sexual abuse.  


My troubled teenage years with drinking, drugs, guys, stealing, dropping out of high school.


Meeting my husband, moving to California, being a Marine Corps wife, him deploying to Iraq the first year of our marriage and the PTSD that ensued.  


My difficult pregnancies and miscarriages, more moves from Florida to Tennessee and now to Illinois.  Our story with Lucas and his heart defects and two heart surgeries in Boston before he turned one, his Down Syndrome diagnosis.  Our marriage.  Our children.  


My life with anxiety and depression and fear and PTSD.  


What the Lord has brought us through.  How He is spoken to us.  What He has showed us along the way.  I could fill pages, books, novels, volumes about it all.  Just as I am sure you could too.  How big our God is.  More than I can comprehend or fathom.  It’s just too much to think about.  


Please Lord allow me to show your glory and all that you have done.  I know there is still a lot to do!!!  I am definitely nowhere close to being like Christ!  


Oh and I did have a blog in the past that I did for years if there’s ever in interest........  alittlepeaceinourheaven.blogspot.com.  The kids and I enjoy going back to it sometimes to look at pictures when we are talking about memories.   


https://youtu.be/Q6jD7N1HvbI  

Comments

Frequently Read

LJB