Last overnight

 Last weekend was our last overnight trip, ending with Jessica and Ryan (and our tag-a-long Natalie).  I was a little sad that they were coming to an end.  The kids already this past week have been talking about their overnights and reminiscing, as have Sean and I.  Sooo I think the plan worked!  To make memories, spend time together, and have fun, while crossing things off the bucket list.  :). 


We took Jessica and Ryan to The Pfister  Hotel in Milwaukee.  Our room overlooked downtown and the lake.  It is a hotel that is 128 years old so it had a ton of character.  Friday night we ate at the Public Market and I had delicious fish and shrimp tacos.  We went swimming in the hotel pool overlooking the city a couple of times, ate breakfast at the hotel and then headed off to the Wisconsin State Fair.  We had a little rain, but it wasn’t too bad.  we didn’t really eat any crazy fair food, just creme puffs, which they are known for, gyros, and curds.  It was a good time.  


Today we met Sean’s uncle and aunt at Lego Discovery World down in Schaumburg.  It was also a good time.  The place is just the right size and has fun activities for a wide range of kids ages.  


I think that’s it around here!  Just working on the house and the outside and getting used to our new place. :). 


Public Market.  It was really neat here.  
Wisconsin State Fair 
On the Ferris wheel with Daddy
Natalie and I watching them :)
Downtown Milwaukee 
Jessica and I on the chair lift over the fair.  I was scared.  It was long and high up and I was ready to get off.  And Jessica didn’t have a seat belt and was wiggly and lying down and making me super nervous.  
Enjoying the room in their complementary robes.
Hotel lobby
View from our room 
Hotel pool 

At the fair.  Ryan was supposed to go with me on the chair lift instead of Jessica, but last minute he had to use the restroom while we were already in line so he missed out.  This was what he got instead.  Corn.  


Lego Discovery World with our aunt and uncle 


Comments

Frequently Read

LJB