Great Wolf Lodge

 



Some time ago, the boys started doing most of the Lucas care - feeding him, changing his diaper, bath time, naps, bed time, getting him on and off the bus, babysitting him, getting him in and out of the van, etc.  It was super helpful because I had Natalie to take care of and because of all the emotional issues surrounding Sean and I with Lucas and him with us.  Of course, we were still parenting him and taking care of him; the boys just were just doing much of the daily tasks for him.  So, we had decided to pay the boys a good amount of money.  They were allowed to do with it as they pleased (within reason of course), and they decided to do an overnight with Sean and I and pay for a hotel room at the Great Wolf Lodge!  We were all very excited and got to go this past Friday.  How sweet of the boys, huh!?  


The girls and Lucas had babysitters and Sean got off early and spent a couple of hours with them at the water park at the hotel.  I met up with them later.  We had dinner, more water park time, and relaxed in the room.  Saturday we did breakfast, mini putt, the ropes course (more on that later), lunch, and more water park time.  On the way home, we picked up some Raising Cane’s - they just opened here and the drive thru line is 10 miles long at all times!  It was a great time and we hear the girls did great, too.  They had a great attitude even though they didn’t get to go.  And they did get to bake cookies with sitters.  :). 


So, I am SUPER scared of edges.  It’s not quite the snake fear, but it is one level below that.  Actually, I have come to realize I am fearful of about anything and everything and that is something I need to deal with because I don’t think I used to be that way, but that’s getting off subject.  So, there was an indoor ropes course at the lodge and we decided to do it.  I realized I might be a little scared, but I actually thought it would be fun and that I could do it.  I was wrong.  I was sooooo scared!!!  I had whole body shaking, sweaty palms, I was hugging the big steel poles when I would reach the platforms, and I had to get off after completing a third of the course.  BUT did you catch that?  I did do a third of the course!  What got me is going across these stepping stone areas where you don’t have anything to hold onto.  Oh and the steps move.  That was crazy.  I felt like I was about 5 miles above the earth trying to navigate this thing.  Without any sort of safety mechanism holding on to me.  In actuality, I was probably about 20-30 feet off the ground with a harness.  Any way, I conquered a fear. Well, l I should say I did it, survived it, won’t do it again probably ever, and am still scared of edges.  But my sons and husband were pretty proud of me.  :) 

Comments

Frequently Read

LJB