Garden walk





 Happy 2nd day of Spring!!!!  The first two days of spring here has brought sunshine and 50s!  I doubt we’re done with winter though.  These pictures came from our day at Chicago Botanic Garden.  When we aren’t working on our adventure book, we are working on my bucket list.  Once again, I’m not sure if I have blogged about this before, but 2019-2020 I started working on my travel bucket list.  I included all 50 states and every country that I am interested in going to.  I then researched each area and wrote down the things I want to do/see.  It was very therapeutic while I was going through lots of pain, suffering, trials, etc.  So yesterday we headed off to the gardens, appropriate for the first day of spring, although only a few flowers have started budding lol.  We really enjoyed the nice long walk and the Japanese Gardens were really neat.  Summer time would probably be better, but it was good.  Afterwards we ate dinner at Cluckers (delicious!).  


I have really enjoyed my week off from grad school.  Back to then grind tomorrow.  


Oh I did get yelled out at the gardens yesterday.  We were in the gift shop and I slid down my mask to have a sip of water and the sales associate from across the store yelled at me to put my mask back on and that no drinking was allowed.  It was a little embarrassing.  



Comments

  1. You have to go back during the summer to see the trains and the butterfly exhibit. Both cost extra. Cluckers is opening up near me soon and I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son loves trains so we were a little bummed that it was closed. I think we may be planning to go back when everything is open and in bloom. Cluckers is tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Frequently Read

LJB