My ramblings

 Tomorrow is date day!  I have no idea really what we are going to do.  Our jar of dates pick tells us we are supposed to enjoy a day of bike riding, which sounded fantastic, but not so much in the rain, which is what the weather is supposed to bring tomorrow.  So, we may just use our sons’ bikes this afternoon and ride around the block!  We are supposed to meet someone to look at their Transit that is for sale tomorrow morning and we are praying about that.  


And speaking of bikes...... I started listening to a podcast called That Sounds Fun by Annie F Downs.  I was drawn to it because who doesn’t want to listen to something positive and fun!?  And I feel like God has been trying to tell me to relax and have more fun, especially after watching Yes Day!  HA.  Which by the way we have marked on our calendar to do with our kids on April 17th!!!  Nervous face inserted here. Any way, so one of the podcasts was about finding those moments in your day where you can do the things you enjoy doing.  If I remember correctly, I think they were called fringe hours.  The speaker was saying that a good place to start on figuring out what you enjoy doing is to think back to what you did in your childhood so I started thinking about that and even asked my parents about it.  I have a terrible memory of most of my childhood.  So I was thinking about how I really enjoyed riding bikes (see, I eventually got back to the topic at hand!), swimming, babysitting, reading, shopping, traveling, being outdoors, spending time with my beloved grandma, listening to music, animals, and watching movies/TV.  In our busy lives wouldn’t it be nice to do some hobbies, some things that we liked as kids?  That sounds fun! See what I did there?  I’m in a odd mood this morning.  Coffee.  :) 


https://www.anniefdowns.com/podcast/that-sounds-fun-podcast-episode-5/ 


Another thing we are doing around here....Sean and I and the oldest 5 took the 5 Love Languages quizzes in order to learn more about how each of us sees and responds to love.  Sean and I had read the book and taken the quiz years ago, but decided to revisit it.  Sean is physical touch, Ryan, Addison, and Andrew are all quality time, as am I, and Hunter is receiving gifts, while Hailey is acts of service.  All of them are of really no surprise.  And it also helps me to really understand myself and my family more.  I tend to get along best with Andrew, Ryan, and Addison and well that makes sense because we all speak the same love language, while I don’t always feel like I am on the same page or in the same book as Hailey and Hunter.  And it also makes sense for some of the issues that arise between me and Sean.  


https://www.5lovelanguages.com/quizzes/


That’s about it over here.  Oh, I did take Hunter for an orthodontic consult and a 100% sure he will need braces, but probably not until the beginning of 2023 after the rest of his permenant teeth have arrived.  Another nervous face emoji.  


And Addison was quarantined earlier in the week after 2 vomiting episodes, but same day she was eating like a champ and back to her smiley self so praise God for that answered prayer.  We quarantined everyone for 2 days out of precaution so it was a little busier than usual. 


Have a great weekend!  


“‘“The Lord bless you
    and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face shine on you
    and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord turn his face toward you
    and give you peace.”’

Comments

Frequently Read

LJB