YES day

 Last Saturday we had a yes day!  We stole the idea from the movie with the same name.  The movie was cute, well the first half hour of it, and so we thought we’d give it a try.  If you are unfamiliar, it just means that whatever the kids asked, we had to say yes.  BUT there were ground rules.......

And if you are like my husband, you’ll mentally correct me on my “square mile radius” because I guess there is no such thing.  Well, he verbally corrected me.  


I was a little anxious Friday night and Saturday morning, I have to say.  I had no idea what they had planned.  They had 5 envelopes with 5 different activities for the day.......



First up, they got to choose 10 random ingredients and we all made breakfast as a family.  I forgot to take a picture of that, but here’s our kitchen after we cleaned up.  Lol We had a huge fruit salad, bacon, and eggs.  Pretty harmless so far!  



Next up, beach day and sandwiches from Leno’s.  That was great, except for it was 50 and windy so it was chilly to say the least and we didn’t last long.  



Then ice cream at a random place.  Do you notice how everything is related to food!!!???


Park and Dungeons and Dragons after that


First time swinging!

Finally, Portillo’s, movie night, and popcorn.







So, I learned a lot.  First, our kids totally picked reasonable and FUN things and did not at all try to take advantage of us.  No eating pancakes and syrup in Mommy and Daddy’s bed or water balloons in the cold.  Or candy all day.  They did so good with it!  And I learned how un-fun I am and how I have mastered the art of saying no to almost EVERYTHING!  Hopefully, I will pause more often than not before uttering NO 65 times an hour.  And maybe, just maybe say YES! 

Comments

Frequently Read

LJB