Mother’s Day

 The kiddos and my husband helped me to feel special for Mother’s Day.  We went to church and had a dedication for 7 of our children.  Dedications are simply giving children back to God, but also pronouncing that we will do our best to raise them to know and love God.  The church family in turn says that they will be there to help and support us on this journey.  It was really sweet.  The pastor read verses we picked out that our meaningful to our family and then prayed over each child.  Ryan was the only one to not get dedicated because we did that with him already when he was a baby and we lived in Florida.  We had not done the rest because our last church family in TN didn’t really do dedications.  They may have done one that I can recall, but that’s about it.  


Hailey bought me a dozen roses and I got both store bought and handmade cards.  Sean bought me a Dooney and Burke purse and an Orca cup.  Ryan bought me the game of Sorry because I had told him how I liked playing that game when I was little.  


We went to Kenosha for dinner on the lake at Ashling on the Lough.  It was delicious!  Took a little walk around the marina.  Drove around Simmons Beach.  It was a little chilly, but a gorgeous sunny afternoon. 


Ryan had his last Salt and Light youth group thing last night and will be off until the fall.  I got a B for my grad school class.  Can you believe it?  An 89.4!!!!   One-half percentage point from an A!!!!!   


Other than that, it’s been a little quieter this week.  We have been doing a lot of praying and asking God for some insight into things and what He would have us to do.  I (hopefully) humbly asked for a triple confirmation through scripture on something we thought he was answering for us.  A big decision.  And He graciously did so.  We feel excited and at peace.  Our God is such a good, good God!   


Simmons Beach
Oh I forgot - we did our adventure book Saturday night.  The family challenge was to make an obstacle course out of string (we used nylon) and see how fast each person could get through it.  Every time the nylon was touched they were sprayed with water.  Hubby took 1st place.  
Ashling on the Lough 


Comments

Frequently Read

LJB