Weekly update

 Hola!  I didn’t get to do my usual Sunday post!  It was a busy day with Panera for breakfast before church (our Sunday AM ritual), church, my women’s small group, Buddy time with Jessica, a makeup swim lesson for Jessica and Addison, and we had friends over for dinner.  Shew!  


The rest of the week was quite busy, too.  I guess that’s how it goes after a two week vacay!  I had my normal therapy session with my counselor on Monday, Tuesday I had an 8 week post hysterectomy checkup, can’t remember Wednesday and Thursday lol???, and Friday I had to sign up Lucas for school next year, and I had a job interview EEK!  Saturday was swim for the girls, Sam’s, and we drove out to Chain Of Lakes State Park.  Oh and we’ve had sick kiddos.  Colds for most and Andrew also had a cold and threw up once.  


Yesterday our pup chased after a goose and ended up in the middle of our pond and there had been some ice on the pond, but most of the pond was unfrozen and he got stuck out there.  It was so scary.  He kept trying to climb out, but couldn't because his paws kept slipping on the ice.  We didn’t feel like it was safe enough for any of us to try to go out there and get them.  The boys decided to get the kayak, which was really smart, but the kayak wouldn’t go anywhere because of the patchy ice.  Finally, by the grace of God, he was able to get out of the hole of water and onto the icy part and run back to us.  He was so cold and shivering, but he was alive and OK.      So scary!!!!  


And finally, yesterday we had Safe Families for Children over to do a house check and now we are awaiting final approval to start being a host family and family friend.  :). 



Ryan was invited to celebrate his friend’s birthday with her and her family at Texas Roadhouse and for ice cream at Hansen’s after that :). 


Here’s Connor 

Here’s the pond.  He was past all the reeds on both sides and out where the opening is on the right hand side.  :( 

Comments

Frequently Read

LJB