Our 7th child, born on 9/11, Lucas John……..HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY LIL MAN!!!!! Oh what to say - I don’t want to get too wordy!!! His first year of life was spent in three NICUs - East TN, Vandy, and Boston. His first year of life he underwent two heart surgeries. He lived at home with us on oxygen and a feeding tube. He didn’t start eating solid food until he was 3.5 years old. He just started walking this summer. He doesn’t talk much. He’s not where he should be developmentally. He has many scars from all of his hospitalizations. Where his chest was cracked open for his heart surgeries, it still bulges out. He has Down Syndrome. And until this last summer I could just stop there and say “The End”. My heart was full of bitterness, brokenness, and anger. I didn’t understand why God chose me to be his mom ...
I thought since you knew a little bit about me that I’d introduce the rest of my family. First up! My loving, God fearing husband. He loves Chicago teams and the Tennessee Vols. He shares in my love of coffee and travel (thankfully!). And he is a former Marine and current mechanical engineer for the VA. This is Hunter, our 2nd born. He is 9. He loves Auburn football (we are still wondering why) and he plays the piano beautifully. He takes his time and likes to get things just right. He’s smart and an adventurous food eater! He ate a kangaroo burger in Connecticut! OH little Jessica! She is 3 and 6th in line. She is wild and crazy and a ball of energy and she makes herself known. Unless of course she has disappeared somewhere, which is often. At least a few times a day, I will be asking “Where’s Jessica?” She is not scared of venturing off and she will hug strangers. Yikes! New precious...
OK, So little Miss Natalie loves, I mean LOVES Spider-Man. It is so darn cute! We have been watching all the Spider-Man movies with the boys and Natalie has been watching them with us. She is supposed to have an 8:30 pm bedtime, but she usually loves to sit on the couch and cuddle at night so we end up letting her stay up later than she should. Any way, now every evening she asks for Spider-Man. I came down to the basement and found little munchkins walking around as Spider-Man. We started “weeks” again and whoever’s week it is also gets Buddy Time on Sundays. It’s Hunter’s week and he chose Dunkin’ and a quick trip to the lake. We got 4 inches of snow through the night so suffice it to say it was cold and we didn’t stay for long. We’ve had pretty cold temps in the teens, single digits, and feels like negatives lately. Illinois. Our little Addison turned 6 on Thursday, January 20th! She picked a “polar ice...
Comments
Post a Comment